When mightiness we scope the 70% and 80% vaccination targets if the existent rollout complaint continues?
Based connected the existent 7 time mean of 2nd doses for each authorities oregon territory. Dates wherever jurisdictions person achieved a people are based connected the existent vaccination information date, not the day of reporting
Toggle: 70% target 80% target
Here are the existent vaccination rates for each authorities and territory, arsenic good arsenic the estimated dates for the 70% and 80% targets, utilizing the aforesaid method arsenic above:
The adjacent illustration shows the velocity of vaccinations successful the past 30 days for each authorities and territory, versus the nationalist rate.
It is showing the fig of caller vaccination doses administered per day, adjusted for colonisation differences to beryllium a complaint per 1,000 people. Then, it has been smoothed utilizing a rolling 7-day mean owed to differences successful reporting connected weekends and information catch-ups successful the nationalist reporting.
Vaccine rollout: maps of vaccination complaint by area
The national authorities releases play information for vaccination rates by statistical country 4 (SA4) regions. By comparing the rates from the archetypal study connected 1 August with consequent reports we tin spot the areas with the biggest play percent increases successful vaccination, and biggest increases since the information was released.
You tin usage the dropdown paper to power betwixt showing the vaccination complaint for each area, and the percent alteration successful vaccination complaint for each area:
Here, you tin spot the aforesaid accusation successful a table, which tin beryllium sorted by portion name, authorities oregon the alteration successful vaccination percentage:
Vaccine rollout: Indigenous vaccination statistics
Guardian Australia has been tracking the vaccination statistic for Indigenous Australians since August 2021. While Indigenous Covid vaccination rates person risen rapidly, determination remains a ample spread betwixt First Nations radical and wide vaccination rates successful astir each authorities and territory.
These charts person switched to utilizing Indigenous colonisation information sourced from the Australian Immunisation Register alternatively of ABS colonisation estimates. This means the percentages for immoderate states person changed significantly, specified arsenic successful Victoria.
Here, you tin spot nationalist figures for the Indigenous vaccination complaint implicit clip compared with the wide vaccination rate, and the quality betwixt the two:
This illustration shows the latest rollout spread for each authorities and territory, with information updated weekly:
Vaccine rollout: vaccine accumulation and distribution
Some of the crushed for the differing vaccination rates is owed to entree and use. The pursuing 2 charts amusement the vaccine organisation and estimated usage by states, territories, and superior attraction (run by the commonwealth). This information is updated weekly.
Vaccine dose usage is estimated by the commonwealth government, based connected the full doses administered and allows for a tiny magnitude of wastage.
Vaccine rollout: planetary comparison
In the pursuing 2 charts you tin spot however Australia’s vaccine rollout compares with different countries, successful presumption of doses administered per 100 people.
This archetypal illustration adjusts for the information that countries started administering vaccines connected antithetic dates. It shows however Australia compares to prime countries astatine equivalent points successful their vaccine rollouts.
Here you tin spot however those aforesaid countries are doing crossed their full vaccine rollout, connected a doses administered per 100 radical basis. Some are already much than halfway to vaccinating their populations.
Not each countries people information connected afloat vaccinated radical - those who person received 2 doses. Here you tin spot however Australia compares to OECD countries connected the percent of the colonisation that are afloat vaccinated.
Where tin I get vaccinated?
The bulk of Australians aged 18 and implicit are present eligible for a Covid vaccination if they are consenting to see the AstraZeneca vaccine, and provided they bash not person a past of immoderate circumstantial wellness conditions.
In summation to the government’s official eligibility checker, which lists immoderate clinics adjacent your determination which mightiness person vaccination appointments available, determination are a fig of different adjuvant resources that tin assistance you to find determination that has appointments open. You tin find our leafage listing these resources here.
Latest Australia Covid numbers and statistics
This illustration shows the “epidemic curve” for Australia, utilizing a seven-day rolling mean of regular cases. This volition amusement immoderate advancement successful “flattening the curve” and however effectual assorted measures person been successful suppressing the outbreak:
Here, you tin spot the fig of caller deaths reported per time by the states and territories:
This illustration shows the cumulative full of confirmed cases, with the publication of each authorities and territory:
Updates 15 October 2021
- Updated main rollout people illustration to usage the archetypal dose + lag clip projection method
- Fixed an contented with scrolling successful the Guardian app
- Removed the doses per 100 radical by jurisdiction enactment illustration arsenic it’s little utile with truthful galore doses being administered via GP and different clinics
Updates 17 September 2021
- Updates to however Indigenous vaccination statistic are presented, present utilizing the 12+ colonisation for some Indigenous and non-Indigenous
- We person changed the mode we’re projecting second-dose targets, arsenic outlined successful the substance above. We person temporarily removed the illustration with state-by-state people advancement and volition regenerate it soon with a caller illustration that uses the caller method
Updates 11 September 2021
- Production and organisation conception is back
- Removed hospitalisation percent chart, this volition beryllium replaced soon with a caller illustration that doesn’t usage progressive cases
- Fixed the cases inclination enactment to halt utilizing the latest time which usually has incomplete data
Updates 6 September 2021
- Removed accumulation and organisation section
- Added vaccination maps and tables for each area
- Re-added the array of rollout projections
Updates 29 August 2021
- Added Indigenous vaccination statistics
- Added ‘Where tin I get vaccinated’ section, replacing ‘When tin I get vaccinated’
Updates, 9 August 2021
- Retired the “gap tracking” mentation of the rollout chart, and replaced it with a caller illustration that tracks advancement towards the government’s latest goals of 70% and 80% of the 16+ population
- Changed the summary container to region the percent of the colonisation who person lone received a azygous dose, and added the percent of the 16+ colonisation who are afloat vaccinated to let some planetary comparisons and advancement towards the government’s targets to beryllium clearer
- Removed the government’s projections of aboriginal vaccine availability arsenic they’re not realistic
- Added a caller illustration showing the velocity of vaccination by authorities and territories
- Due to the unprecedented and ongoing quality of the coronavirus outbreak, this nonfiction is being regularly updated to guarantee that it reflects the existent concern astatine the day of publication. Any important corrections made to this oregon erstwhile versions of the nonfiction volition beryllium footnoted successful enactment with Guardian editorial policy.