Rod Stewart performs astatine the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival connected Apr. 28, 2018. (Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.—A plea woody betwixt British stone vocalist Rod Stewart and Florida prosecutors fell done Friday, meaning helium and his big lad are again scheduled to basal proceedings connected charges they battered a information defender during a New Year’s Eve bash astir 2 years ago.
Neither Rod Stewart nor his son, Sean, were contiguous erstwhile Judge August Bonavita announced that a proceeding successful which a woody was expected to beryllium finalized had been canceled. The brace are present scheduled to basal proceedings connected misdemeanor artillery charges connected Jan. 25.
This is astatine slightest the 2nd clip a woody has fallen done successful the case, which has besides been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. The Stewarts look a maximum punishment of a twelvemonth successful jail, though specified a lengthy word would beryllium unlikely.
Prosecutors declined comment. Defense lawyer Guy Fronstin did not instantly respond to calls and emails.
The Stewarts got into a tussle astatine The Breakers Hotel with information defender Jessie Dixon connected Dec. 31, 2019, not agelong earlier midnight, constabulary person said.
They said the Stewarts were portion of a radical that tried to participate a backstage lawsuit successful a children’s country astatine the posh hotel, but were not allowed. The group, which included children, created a country and would not leave, constabulary said.
Dixon intervened and Sean Stewart, 41, got successful his face, according to the constabulary report. Dixon told officers helium enactment the backmost of his close manus connected the younger Stewart’s thorax and asked him to backmost up. Security video showed Sean Stewart past shoving Dixon and Rod Stewart, 76, punching him successful the ribs.