Surrey school pupil dies of bacterial infection with another in hospital

2 days ago 10

A six-year-old pupil is reported to person died and different was being cared for successful infirmary aft an outbreak of an invasive bacteria astatine a superior schoolhouse successful Surrey.

The BBC reported the pupils astatine Ashford Church of England superior schoolhouse were believed to beryllium successful the aforesaid twelvemonth group, with the 2nd kid recovering successful hospital.

The broadcaster cited the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) arsenic saying the children had caught the invasive radical A streptococcal corruption (iGAS), besides known arsenic Strep A, which causes scarlet fever.

Pupils and schoolhouse unit had been prescribed antibiotics.

Ruth Hutchinson, the Surrey region assembly manager of nationalist health, was quoted arsenic saying: “We are profoundly saddened by the decease of a pupil astatine Ashford Church of England schoolhouse and we connection our sincere condolences to their family, friends and the full schoolhouse community, who are successful our thoughts.”

Dr Claire Winslade, UKHSA south-east wellness extortion consultant, reportedly said: “Information has been shared with parents astir the signs and symptoms of iGAS, which see precocious fever with terrible musculus aches, symptom successful 1 country of the assemblage and unexplained vomiting oregon diarrhoea.”

Those with the supra symptoms should telephone 111 immediately.