Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Sophie Gregoire Trudeau get for the furniture swearing-in ceremonial astatine Rideau Hall successful Ottawa connected Oct. 26, 2021. (The Canadian Press/Sean Kilpatrick)
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his caller furniture connected Oct. 26, adding 9 caller faces, dropping three, and making large reshuffles successful cardinal positions including the defence department.
Among the large shifts, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, who came nether occurrence for the handling of intersexual misconduct allegations against elder subject officials, was moved to caput of planetary development. Anita Anand volition instrumentality implicit astatine National Defence, aft starring successful nationalist services and procurement passim the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 3 ministers who person been dropped from Trudeau’s furniture include: overseas affairs curate Marc Garneau, who has been replaced by Melanie Joly; curate of diverseness and inclusion Bardish Chagger, and Jim Carr, who served arsenic the peculiar typical for the Prairies.
Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault, a salient advocator successful biology issues successful Quebec earlier entering authorities successful 2019, is taking implicit arsenic situation minister, replacing Jonathan Wilkinson, who is moved to caput of earthy resources.
Other seniors positions besides saw a reshuffle:
- Carolyn Bennett, curate of intelligence wellness and addictions and subordinate curate of health
- Dominic LeBlanc, curate of intergovernmental affairs, infrastructure and communities
- Jean−Yves Duclos, curate of health
- Harjit Sajjan, curate of planetary improvement and curate liable for the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada
- Patty Hajdu, curate of indigenous services and curate liable for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario
- Karina Gould, curate of families, children and societal development
- Ahmed Hussen, curate of lodging and diverseness and inclusion
- Seamus O’Regan, curate of labour
- Pablo Rodriguez, curate of Canadian heritage
- Ginette Petitpas Taylor, curate of authoritative languages and curate liable for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Bill Blair, president of the Queen’s Privy Council and curate of exigency preparedness
- Filomena Tassi, curate of nationalist services and procurement
- Jonathan Wilkinson, curate of earthy resources
- Joyce Murray, curate of fisheries, oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard
- Mona Fortier, president of the treasury board
- Marco Mendicino, curate of nationalist safety
- Marc Miller, curate of Crown−Indigenous relations
- Dan Vandal, curate of bluish affairs, curate liable for Prairies Economic Development Canada, and curate liable for the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Mark Holland, authorities House leader
Chrystia Freeland retains her dual relation arsenic lawman premier curate and concern minister, arsenic Trudeau previously announced successful precocious September.
Others who retained their existent positions include:
- Lawrence MacAulay, curate of veterans affairs and subordinate curate of nationalist defence
- Marie-Claude Bibeau, curate of agriculture and agri-food
- Diane Lebouthillier, curate of nationalist revenue
- Carla Qualtrough, curate of employment, workforce improvement and disablement inclusion
- François-Philippe Champagne, curate of innovation, subject and industry
- Mary Ng, curate of planetary trade, export promotion, tiny concern and economical development
- David Lametti, curate of justness and lawyer wide of Canada
- Omar Alghabra, curate of transport
The restructuring of the Cabinet is considered a reflection of the Trudeau government’s committedness priorities, including connected the environment, lodging affordability, nationalist wellness and the combat against COVID−19, economical recovery, and indigenous affairs.
With files from The Canadian Press
Andrew Chen is an Epoch Times newsman based successful Toronto.